Skip to main content

About us

Developmental Services Ontario (DSO) is the access point for adult developmental services funded by the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services (MCCSS) in Ontario. There are nine DSO agencies located across the province; serving different counties and regions.

If you have a developmental disability, live in Ontario, and are 18 years old, you must apply through DSO to see if you are eligible to receive adult ministry-funded supports available in your community.

When you connect with your area DSO they will help you:

  • understand and complete the application process
  • determine the kind of services and supports you need
  • get access to MCCSS-funded services and supports that you need when a spot is available
  • find information in your community

Talk to your area DSO to find out what services and supports are available and are right for you.

If you need an emergency service response, please contact your local emergency service (e.g. police, ambulance, fire, hospital).

If you are in urgent need of interim adult developmental services and support, please contact your local DSO office.

Examples of situations where an adult with a developmental disability may have an urgent need for interim developmental services and support include:

  • The unpaid primary caregiver (e.g., family member) is unable to continue providing care that is essential to the health and well being of the adult.
  • The adult has no residence or anticipates in the very near future a very real likelihood of having no residence.
  • The adult’s support needs have changed to such an extent that their current support arrangement may soon become untenable, and their well-being is at risk.

Sign up for our newsletter to stay in touch!